Deposify provides an online platform and services related to security deposits.
Privacy and online safety are paramount to Deposify, so we want to be transparent about how we collect, store and use personal information about you (the “Personal Information”).
The Deposify website (the “Site”), the Deposify mobile application (the “App”) and related online services that power the website (the “Services”) make up the Deposify platform (the “Platform”).
PLEASE REVIEW SECTION 2 (INFORMATION WE COLLECT) BELOW TO UNDERSTAND WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
1. Your Consent
By using the Platform, you consent to the collection and use of Personal Information on the terms set forth herein. However, where applicable law requires your consent, we will not expand the scope of disclosure or use of your Personal Information without first obtaining such consent.
2. Information We Collect
When you use the Platform we collect information about you. The majority of this information is provided voluntarily by you as a user of the Services, some we collect automatically.
Information You Provide to Us
You will voluntarily provide us with Personal Information such as name, email address, phone number and location when you create an account or contact us.
Other information you may provide includes:
- Account Data: when you create an account with us you’ll need to supply a username and email address. Other optional information can be provided, such as a profile picture.
- Financial Data: when you withdraw money from your Deposify account you’ll need to provide us with bank account details such as account number, name on the account and the name of the financial institution.
- Deposit Data: when you have a deposit on the Platform you’ll need to provide us with details of the deposit, such as address, amount and start date for the deposit. You’ll also have the ability to upload files and send messages to the other party in the deposit.
- Support Data: should you ever contact support you might provide us with contact details or other information needed to help us solve your issue.
If you choose to give us your e-mail address or any other personal communication channel, we will communicate with you via such channel. We do not share your communication channels with others outside of Deposify for marketing purposes. Depending on how your email application is set up, information about your actions may be transmitted automatically when you receive, open and/ or click on an e-mail from Deposify. You may opt out from receipt of additional communication from us at any time.
Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you visit, browse, interact with, or use the Platform, including any e-mail sent to you by us, we may automatically collect or generate data or information about you. We collect or generate such data and/or information either independently or with the help of third party services, including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies.
Such data consists of connectivity, technical or aggregated usage data, such as IP address, non-identifying data regarding the device, operating system, browser version, device and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, domain name, locale and language settings used, the cookies and pixels installed on such device, and the activity (clicks and other interactions) of users of our Platform.
For additional information regarding Cookies and the way to control them, please look at the Help file of your browser or visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
We do not use information and/or data collected in this way to learn a person’s true identity or contact details, but mostly to have a better understanding of how our users typically use and/or browse our Platform and Site. The use of such technical and device information and/or data also helps us and our partners to deliver contextual or otherwise more effective advertisements and content; to optimize our ad management and our users’ viewing experience, and to improve the overall user experience and functionality of our Platform.
Information from Other Users
Note that, if you share another user’s Personal Information with us, you hereby represent and warrant that you have all rights and permissions necessary to provide such Personal Information to us. You further commit to indemnify, defend and hold Deposify and our Third Party Providers harmless from and against any claim by a third party (including governmental, judicial or administrative authorities) with respect to the relevant user’s Personal Information which you have provided.
Information from the App
If you use our mobile Site or app, we will collect location data directly from your device automatically if your device allows us to do so. In some circumstances, you may have to opt into sharing your location data with us. Additionally, your mobile device may provide you with choices about how and whether location data is shared with us.
3. How Your Personal Information Is Used
Accordingly, we use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate, operate, and provide our Services, including to facilitate the deposit of funds at the Third Party Provider bank that we use
- To further develop, customize and improve the Platform and your user experience, based on personal or general experiences and difficulties
- To contact and communicate with our users (via e-mail, or any other available channels) to respond to questions or inquiries delivered to us. If you post a question, answer or blog on the Site, the Personal Information that you share can be collected and used by other users. Deposify is not responsible for the Personal Information you submit in these forums
- To support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity
- To facilitate discussions and decisions made by our management
- To comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations (such as to comply with valid legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, or to protect our rights and property or the property or personal safety of another user of the Platform or any member of the public)
It is often necessary to send out Services related announcements to alert users to the temporary suspension of Services due to emergency maintenance. Users may not opt out of these communications, but you can de-activate your account. These communications are not promotional.
4. Sharing and Disclosing your Personal Data
- Compliance with Laws, Legal Orders and Authorities. We may disclose or allow government and law enforcement officials access to certain Personal Information in response to a subpoena, search warrant, or court order (or similar requirement), or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including for national security purposes. Such disclosure or access may occur with or without notice to you, if we have a good faith belief that we are legally compelled to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
- Service Providers and Business Partners. We may engage selected third party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own, including but not limited to hosting services, data analytics services, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, and our business, legal, and financial and compliance advisors (collectively, “Third Party Providers”). An example of a Third Party Provider is a bank that we use to store the deposited funds. These Third Party Providers may have access to your Personal Information depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating the purposes of our Services, and may only use it for such purposes.
- Protecting Rights and Safety. We may share your Personal Information with others, if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Deposify, any of our users, or any members of the general public. This may include exchanging information with third parties for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other users. we share a limited amount of data with other users of the Platform.
- Contractors and Agents. Personal Information is shared with contractors and professionals such as accountants and lawyers who work with us pursuant to confidentiality terms
Deposify may also share your Personal Information with your explicit approval, if we are legally obliged to do so, or if we have successfully rendered such data non-personal and anonymous.
We may share or otherwise use information and data that is not Personal Information in our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
Subject to the privacy disclosure of the applicable Third Party Provider bank that we use to store the deposited funds, we will not sell or reveal your Personal Information to marketers or unaffiliated third parties.
5. Personal Information Retention, Storage and Deletion
While privacy laws may vary between jurisdictions, Deposify has taken reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is treated by Third Party Providers at a secure and lawful manner, and in accordance with common industry practices, regardless of any lesser legal requirements that may apply in the relevant jurisdiction.
We retain all Personal Information for the retention period under applicable law. Please note that except as required by applicable law, we will not be obliged to retain your data for any specified period, and we are free to securely delete it for any reason and at any time, with or without notice to you. Information may persist in backup copies.
If your Personal Information changes or if you no longer want to use our Service, you must correct, update, delete or deactivate it logging into your account.
The accuracy and confidentiality of your Personal Information is your responsibility. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of your account details and e mail address and for keeping your password confidential.
We restrict access to your Personal Information to those persons who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and any persons you have authorized to have access to such information. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
However, no internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. You should take every care when interacting with and using our Platform, and depending on the subject matter, you may prefer not to communicate with us through email.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that you not use the Platform to provide us with information if you are under the age of eighteen (18).
If we nevertheless receive Personal Information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom we otherwise have reason to believe is, under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete such information from our systems.
8 Your Information Rights and Choices
Deposify processes Personal Information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process Personal Information outside your own country.
Please note that you may have certain rights regarding the manner of collection, processing and usage of your Personal Information by Deposify pursuant to applicable privacy laws such as the EU General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). To the extent that the GDPR applies to you and Deposify, you may be eligible for the following rights. Please note that the GDPR does not necessarily apply to our Third Party Providers, including the bank that we use to store the deposited funds, and this section is meant to inform you of your rights only in respect of your personal information contained in Deposify’s systems.
- The right to have your Personal Information deleted.
- The right to access the Personal Information collected and processed and the right to rectify untrue or incorrect Personal Data.
- The right to object to us processing your Personal Information.
- The right to have your Personal Information exported at your request.
You may have the right to ask us to delete your personal information from Deposify’s systems. To do so please email us via email@example.com.
If applicable, we will remove all data possible, but some data will need to remain on our systems such as records of deposits, payments or withdraws.
It will not be possible to delete your account if you have active deposits, they will need to be terminated first before deleting your account.
This right is subject to any requirement we may be subject to in connection with our compliance with a legal obligation / our exercise of a legal defense. You should be further aware that it might not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you may have provided to Deposify from our systems. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
You can view and edit your information on the Platform, examples include your profile information, banking information and view deposits and account transactions.
Some information, such as deposit information, may not be editable. This is to protect both parties to the deposit and to ensure reliable records.
You may have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data maintained in our systems. To do so please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be entitled to object to certain processing functions, made for example, in connection with profiling activities. In order for us to accommodate such right (to the extent applicable), please email us via email@example.com.
You may have the right to obtain an export of your personal information from our systems. We will make efforts to comply with such request, if applicable, within a reasonable time, and provide you with such compiled data in an electronic medium of our choice.
Please note that the above list contains a summary of the main rights you may have in respect of Deposify under the GDPR. Under no circumstances shall the above be deemed as an exhaustive list, nor should you rely on it in terms of fully understanding all of your rights under the GDPR.